Last night I had a sleepover....at my grandparents house! My family went out of town and me being the big pussy/wimp that I am couldn't stay in my house all alone so I spent one night at Josh's house and one night at Grannie Annie and Grandpa Bob's:) Sidenote: I seriously wonder whats wrong with me...even on the way over to Josh's I kept imagining the person behind me was flashing their brights because there was someone in the back of my truck with an ax. I could write horror stories that would curl your toes I'm just way to much of a chicken and completely paranoid they'd come true... best stick to sex stories;P
Moving on...So after work, I got out at 10:20pm, I arrive at my grandparents and when I tell my grandma I'm hungry she's immediately on her feet and in the kitchen finding me something to eat (an Avocado sandwich), then she asks if I'd like to enjoy a beer with her and can she get me a house coat to snuggle in. Can we say died and gone to heaven? Cuddled up and sipping my Belgian beer grandma and I listened to my grandpa read an excerpt from a book centering on philosophy called "Sophie's World". My Grandpa loves to read to people! Anyway, he read the part about Romanticism vs. Renaissance because he felt we are both romantics. I was touched that he knew that about me and felt it was a trait we both shared. From a grandpa who
loves to quiz me on facts I never know the answer too and thinks all his offspring should grow up to be teachers, I never felt that we had that much in common and tought he looked down upon or pitied me in a way. This was a singular act that suddenly made me feel like it was okay to be me, which for those of you who don't know can be very rewarding feeling. It's so easy to get down on your self, self sabotage yourself (a favorite past time of mine), but when someone sits there and tells you, you are lovely just the way you are...by golly, lets just say I know how Bridgette Jones felt...Now grandpa did follow that up by saying it was a shame I never took a philosophy class in college...but what can you do, he is my mothers father:)
Long and short of that story is you can never spend too much time with your grandparents...deep down you know they won't be around forever and that each moment is special in preserving them in your memory. I'm very blessed they live so close by and have made it one of my New Years resolutions to visit them more often while I'm home.
I'm trying to limit my going out and getting crunked trips recently as I have two very important auditions coming up, so this means I've been spending a lot of nights in with a glass of wine watching crime shows with my mom and sister. I have been working out everyday though and am feeling better then ever. The song of the moment is definitely "I like it Rough" by Lady Gaga and "Phonography" by Miss Spears. Both are extremely sexual songs, which makes sense since I'm quite a horny gal, and I like to dance provocatively to them around my room when I wake up and pretend I'm a bad ass:)
January 24th I'll be auditioning at Cincinnati Conservatory and January 29th I'll be driving to Deland, Florida and auditioning for The Seagle Music Colony this summer. Besides this I'm still having a blast waitressing and attending Opera Rehearsal's and I must say life is pretty good. I love being single and concentrating on me right now. I feel so strong, sexy, and empowered, ready to take my future in my hands and really make something out of it!
I can't wait to see everyone on my respected trips this year. I plan to travel as much as I can afford!!!
Life is what you make it! (A simple statement, but so true)
oaitgotdownto39degreeslastnightanditwaschillly!o, Caitlyn
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Grandma's House
Posted by RedVelvetDiva at 9:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I love this post! It's true...I wish I had spent more time with my grandma before she got alzheimers. You just never know.
Keep me updated on your auditions! :)
BREAK a leg my darling sweets.
wait. you drive a truck?
oh, caitlyn
Post a Comment