CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 11, 2008

Getting Started

blogging...makes me think of clogging...then I think of Ireland....then I think of Riverdance...then I get up and do a pretend little jig around my room...then I sit down and write....

It's my first blog and I'm nervous...I'm losing my blog virginity at this very moment...although personally I wish It was another type of virginity I was loosing but thats my own fault for waking up and immediately reading a sex scene in the romance novel by my bed. (sigh)

I guess I'll be writing about my life, which I try to keep as exciting as possible, so perhaps this will be fun to read. To catch you up:

1. I work at the "Orlando Ale House", and love it. All the different people I meet! I just got an award from the manager yesterday and he said I was a breath of fresh air to the company. I am trying to spice things up by tap dancing around the restaurant and singing operatic Happy Birthday for guests. I just made a $100 in tips yesterday, which I'm squirreling away for my future. I usually make about $13 to $14 an hour!

2. I take voice lessons with the amazing Priscilla Bagley, once a week and am prepareing for college auditions this fall! So far she wants me to audition at: CCM, FSU, Eastman, AVA, Boston Conservatory, and Northwestern...and drum roll please, I may be trying for a double degree in Musical Theater and Opera! Yep, I've come to the conclusion I have to give musical theater a try, just don't expect me to accept a gig where I'm belting 5 high C's a night...cough cough like Legally Blonde.

3. I ride my bike to the YMCA wellness center and work out whenever I can. I have a great upbeat summer playlist I've carefully assembled and can easily spend 2 hours there jamming out. The machines have TV's too and I love to go and catch "Friends" which I'm quietly obsessed with, and freak people out by randomly bursting into laughter. I love the atmosphere of mostly elderly people, because I don't feel like I have to impress anyone and I can workout in peace which is how I like it!

4. I am also working steadily on scrapbooking my last 4 years of college, and believe me it's going to be amazing when I'm finished, I might try to find a way to copy it and send copies to my 9 classmates, since you all are heavily featured:) Also, I have just begun writing a novel that I am determined to finish, I'm drawing off of real life experiences and so far the rough outline is that it's about a performer/entertainer who finally finds love....or does she? dun dun dunnn. I'm creating characters off of people I know so you might just find yourself reading about yourself one of these days!

5. Finally, I'm looking forward to being in Orlando Opera's Production of "Il Trovatore" this fall! I'm just in the chorus but am looking forward to the experience and all the people I'm going to meet!

Ok, I think I've written more then enough to get this thing started. I have to head out and buy new clothes for my Ale House Uniform since there is a whole new set of rules being implimented today, and I have to be at work by 4:45pm.

oao = over and out.

oailovewatchingolympicgymnasticso, Caitlyn

2 comments:

Elizabeth Klein said...

You best let me know when you come to Cincy to audition!!!! I miss you so so sosososososos much.

courtney miller said...

I like how I'm just reading this now and catching up on your life. p.s. i love and miss you and we should talk for real soon!